MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (June 16, 2017) – West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen has announced that Jack Allison, a 6-5, 200-pound transfer quarterback from Parrish, Florida, has signed a grant in aid for the 2017-18 academic year.
Allison, who redshirted as a freshman at Miami this past year, will enroll at WVU this summer. He will have to sit out the 2017 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jack Allison, QB, 6-5, 200, Parrish, Fla./Palmetto/Miami
- Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN, 247Sports, Rivals and Scout
- Rated as eighth-best quarterback in country and 19th–best overall prospect in state of Florida in 247Sports’ Composite Rankings
- Ranked No. 68 in ESPN300 rankings
- Under Armour All-America Game selection
- Was selected to semifinals of Elite11 quarterback competition in Los Angeles, California
- Threw for over 1,400 yards and had 11 touchdown passes senior year, completing 62.1 percent of his passes
- Threw just five interceptions during his senior campaign
- Also offered by Alabama, Missouri, Tennessee, UCF and USF